Sun May 19, 2013 12:00PM
Important Estate Antiques,
Fine Art & Jewelry Auction
SUNDAY MAY 19TH @ 12 NOON
Preview: Saturday, 5/18 1-6 PM Sunday, 5/19 10 AM
Over 500 Museum Quality Lots, 90% to be sold at No Reserve! This “Fresh To The Market” offering will include more than 100 important 18th, 19th, and 20th C. original Oils,Watercolors, Bronzes, Sculpture, Prints and Drawings by listed artists such as Basire, James; Bellet, Auguste; Dali, Salvador; Delsignore, Littorio (3); Dieffenbach, Anton Heinrich; Giardiello, Giuseppe; Hacking, Grant (3); Jacoulet, Paul; Ledan, Fanch (2); Lekinff, Linda (4); Max, Peter; Newton, Sam, Highwayman; Piranesi, Giovanni Battista; Pope, Thomas; Rauschenberg, Robert; Roubille, Auguste; Vargas, Alberto prints and many more. Also 4 life size Marble Sculptures.
This Spectacular Auction will also include many Estate collections to include Ringling Bros Circus Photos; Military Swords and Firearms; Black Forest Clocks, Carved Oak Castle Furniture; Most unusual Carved Victorian Walnut Furiture; Table Globes, Superior Carved Ivories;
Waterford Crystal; Ivory and Sterling Parasol Handles; Moderne Furniture, Vintage Lighting
along with many items that have surfaced after having been squirreled away for years and more
with all being sold at absolutely NO Reserve!
Wait, that’s not all… Palatial Chandeliers; Tiffany, Steuben Art Glass;
European and Oriental Porcelains; Palatial and Room Size handmade Oriental
Carpets; Sterling Silver Flatware; English Silver, Sumptuous Estate
Gold, Platinum, and Diamond and Gemstone Jewelry from around the world!
Please do not forget our Saturday May 18th Multi-Estate Discovery Auction
beginning at 8:30 AM with lots of old nostalgic items. It will be another Unbelievable Auction Weekend"! See you there!
Always accepting Quality Consignments for future Auction events. 727-821-1167
2013 AUCTION SCHEDULE
May 18/19 • June 22/23 • July 20/21 • August 24/25 • September 21/22 • October 19/20
• November 16/17 • December 7/8
2528 30th Avenue North St Petersburg Florida 727.821.1167
8) Ferdinand Lugerth Bronze Archer
9) Perret Oil/Canvas Interior Genre Scene
35) Rare Gabriel Cohen Oil/Canvas Chinese Scene 12) Paul Burk Oil/Canvas Mountain Scene
42) Palatial Felix de Baerdemaecker Oil/Canvas Landscape
44) Franz Marc Oil/Canvas
15) Anton Dieffenbach “Happy Birthday Daddy”,
33) Bakhuizen Dutch Harbor Scene Oil/Wood
45) Menachem Helzholz-Or
Oil/Canvas “Figures Composition”
54) Rare Original Fanch Ledan Acrylic/Canvas
“Festival de Cannes” 2 in the sale
98) Del Signore Oil/Canvas
“Red Flannel Shirt” one of 3
170) One of 4 Grant Hacking Oils
185) T.B. Pope Oil/Canvas Hudson River
188) Robert Rauschenberg Offset
110) Le Kinff Oil/Panel “Le Petit Nu”,
one of 3
176) Large August Roubille Oil/Canvas
198) J.W. Beatty Oil/Board Amsterdam
275) Oren Wagenner Oil/Tin “Gasport” Erie
16) Giardiello Oil/Canvas
29) 2 Oils/Board in the Manner of Fra
30) Venetian Canal Oil by C. Muller
49) Zamy Steynovitz Acrylic/Canvas
“Circus” 2 in the sale
104 — Antiques and The Arts Weekly — May 10, 2013
2528 30th Avenue North
St Petersburg, Florida 33713
1) Monumental Black Forest
Mantle Clock: Profusely carved
w/ full figure doe and stag motifs,
18) Large Extremely Detailed Carved Ivory Emperor,
25” h.; 17) Pr Carved Ivory Royal Couple,
tallest 17 ½” h.; 5) Carved Ivory Guan Yin Figure,
4) Pr Coronelli
Globes, 5 1/8”
23) 9 Pc Lot Meissen Green Vine
China Service Pieces: Platter, Coffee
Set, Gravy, Covered Bowl .
126-129) Collection of 4 life size full body
neo-classical marble figures, the tallest 65”h.
Swords: 244) Ames Model 1833 Dragoon
Sword; 246) Imperial German Artillery
Sword; 259) War of 1812 Eagle head Officers
Sword; 245 & 245A) Anton Wingen & F.
W. Holler WWII German Officers Swords
14) Important Georg
Dicker German Regulator
49”h x 12”.
22) Work of Art Antique Persian
Kirman Rug, 11’4” x 8’10”.
439) Andre De Claustre, “Dizianrio Mitologica”,
1776; 441) Simone Da Roma, “Vita Dell
Beat Elena da Undine”, 1761; Fredrick RN
Marryat. “Code of Signals”, 1820.
248) Mid-19th Century Percussion Half
Stock Kentucky Rifle, 50” long overall; 243)
Carl Stiegele German Schuetzen Rifle; 247)
1894 Model 1886 M93 French Lebel Rifle
Antique French Bru
or Jumeau Quality
Fashion Dolls, 13”,
342) Green Dress
and 343) Peach
Dress; 344) 2 large
Head Dolls, 23”.
92) Palatial Size Northwest Persian rug with Herati
Pattern, Carpet: 23' 10" x 12' 8"
53) 7 Piece High Style Victorian Walnut Bedroom Set
131) 6 engravings from “The Antiquities of Athens” by
James Stuart and Nicholas Revett. Etchings depict the
carved marble frieze around the top of the Lysikrates
monument in Athens, Greece by James Basire and
marble vases in this Auction
140) Signed Chinese
Fan, 27” h.
Signed as shown.
Baby Grand Pianos: 93) Young Chang G-157
in High Gloss Black Finish; 94) Mahogany
Samick model SG-155.
67) 5 Pc Louis XVI Style Gilt Wood Parlor Set
7) PROFUSELY CARVED OAK RENAISSANCE
REVIVAL BOOKCASE: Carved and applied decoration
all over. Crest with book, other decoration
includes musical instruments, architectural and
foliate designs. Carved and turned full column
supports, on bun feet. 105" h. x 79 1/4" x 23 1/2".
101) MONUMENTAL CARVED WOOD FRESCO/CREDENZA "THE HUNT OF DIANA": The
large wood carved historismus fresco depicts the 17th century painting by Domenichino
(Domenico Zampieri) titled "The Hunt of Diana" painted in 1617-1618 for Cardinal
Aldobrandini. Purchased in Piacenza, Italy. The family was using the top half as a
pedestaled headboard (pedestal included) and the double door base as the footboard
making a strikingly impressive king-size bed surround. The base is inset with deeply carved
oval panels, the left depicting attacking hounds, the right depicting Eros, a scantily clad
semi-nude woman and her love struck suitor. 122"h x 14"d overall. Top measures 81"h x
10"d, bottom measures 41"h x 14"d. It measures 102 1/2" at its widest point at the crest.
39) Custom Edwardian Revival Platinum 4.81 Ctw Diamond Necklace featuring a 1.38 Ct
Old Mine Cut Diamond.
3) SPECTACULAR JOHANN KURZ CONTINENTAL SILVER CENTER BOWL: The .800 fine Hanau silver bowl features female masquerons with entwining full bodied snakes as handles. The pierced openwork body with repeating panels depicting double mirror image figures resembling Melusine, a winged mermaid of German folklore and legend, carrying fruit filled urns on their heads with a large fruit filled urn centering each pair of figures. The silver body with embossed upper rim in grape leaf motif and a lower rim with foliate
scroll all raised on 4 bun feet with embossed banding. The cobalt blue glass insert appears to be original. Overall 6" h. x 20 1/4" x 11 3/4". Approx. 44 troy oz.
Estate Gemstones & Diamonds: 51) Platinum
14.5 Ct Aquamarine Ring; 46) 3.36 Ct Diamond
Solitaire w/ Sapphires; 106) Platinum & 18K Gold
Band Ring rimmed in 1.32Ctw Diamonds; 90) 18K
Burma Ruby and Diamond Earrings; 69) 18K 4.82
Ctw Sapphire w/ 1 Ctw Diamond Earrings; 59)
Platinum & 18k Three Stone Diamond Ring, 1.46 Ct
Yellow Center; 68) Platinum Ring w/ 2 Ct Center
Diamond framed in Sapphires; 60) Platinum Old
Mine Cut 1.30 Ct Center Diamond Ring.
80) 1920’s Ringling Bros. Circus Photographs &
Albums Chronicling Life of Anna Styes, Circus Performer.
More than 250 Pieces!
19) KARPEN CARVED ART NOUVEAU
SETTEE: Attributed to Karpen
or Tobey, frame carved overall with
floral rose vine and art nouveau
motifs. Crest with figural semi-nude
maiden. 42" h. x 59 3/4" x 29 1/2".
May 10, 2013 — Antiques and The Arts Weekly — 105